Join us on October 16th for the unique opportunity to get a look inside the
West Island Palliative Care Residence!
As part of Montreal’s first PROJECTION week, we’re opening our doors to the community, offering an opportunity to see what goes on “behind the scenes” at the Residence. Attendees will meet members of our team, visit the facility, participate in workshops and learn more about palliative and compassionate care. We’re joining other organizations across the city who will also be hosting events to demystify death and help break the stigma that surrounds the end-of-life journey.
Attendees will get to meet members of our Supportive Care team, visit the facility, and learn more about palliative and compassionate care.Two sessions will be offered. The event is free but advance registration is required – space per session is limited.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Session 1: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Session 2: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
RSVP before Friday October 11, 2019
Workshops will include:
- Art therapy
- Interactive activities: write your bucket list, create a mural for your loved ones, etc.
- Information about the myths of Palliative Care
- Musical performance by the Aurora Chorealis Choir
- Living Through Loss Panel
- During this workshop, family members of patients of the Residence will share their experiences of loss and bereavement and answer your questions.
- Note: Registration to this workshop is required to reserve your place.